5 Savvy Secrets of Success
Success. We worry about, long for it and chase it. When it comes to success in business and life, there are 5 Savvy Secrets I love. In fact, these are also 5 secrets for a happy life. Any person that you think is successful started in the exact place you might find yourself today. It all starts with a dream. Then add in some work, some focus and most of all, the love of what you do. If you can hold onto to these things, you too can reach success, however, you define it.
How Do You Define Success?
What, is that a catch? A sneaky way to disavow the world’s definition of success? Absolutely not. Success is not in the eye of the beholder, although that happens, a lot. Success lies in your own heart, mind, and consciousness. Do you believe?
William Shakespeare gives us a hint at how to define success: “To thine own self be true, and it must follow as the night to the day. Though canst not then be false to any man (or person).” The secret of life and success is to know thy self and then create a strategy that works for you.
Truth is Truth
I’m not going to share anything you haven’t read or heard before, for truth is truth. And once you are a seeker of truth you can find it anywhere. In the Bible or the Quran, in the Torah or the Gospel. You’ll find it in the news, on YouTube, when you say good morning to the sun and good-night to your loved ones.
“To thine own self be true, and it must follow as the night to the day. Though canst not then be false to any man (or person).” William Shakespeare
So how do you discover your truth? Not the truth your parents taught you, or your teachers, or your religious upbringing. The truth that speaks to your heart. It all begins with discernment.
Make two lists. On the first one, write down what you love to do in your work. Where do you excel, feel excited and satisfied? Where are the clues to the true passion in your life? Now on the second list, put down all the things that you dislike doing. What do you dread to do, put off to the very last minute, avoid at all costs? You see, each of us is good at something and not so good at something else. Can you tell the difference in your own private space?
Now I ask you to pause for a minute to listen from a different place. Let’s put on a new filter for today’s information. Write down, I Am the Gift. I ask you to read today from that place. Try not to define it, or argue with it, or stress about. Just for a minute take on that you are the gift. If you listen from the place that you are the gift, you will find it.
Whatever weird dream you hold in your heart, it is your gift to the world. You don’t have to know how to do it or worry about if it is reasonable or not. You just have to be with it and take one step forward each day. When you do, the magic of universal timing can do its work. Every time you touch someone’s life, you change it. For better or worse, the power is yours in your words, thoughts, and actions.
So here are the 5 Savvy Secrets I promised. Play with them, take them on and see what happens.
- Get Strategic: The #1 mistake made by businesses is the failure to plan. Without a sound strategy that clearly directs your efforts, life becomes a struggle. Create a solid plan for your future, from your truth as you define it.
- Take Action: “It’s better to light a candle than to curse the darkness.” Eleanor Roosevelt. Engage strategies to eliminate procrastination (check the list of what you don’t like to do.) Take one positive step each day towards your dream.
- Create Value: You are sitting on a gold mine and that it is your experience and knowledge. Building value in all your relationships will come back to you 10 fold.
- Expand Visibility: Being known is the Key to your success. All great wealth comes from distribution. Powerful distribution comes from visibility. Create a path that leads to your door.
- Be a Yes: When you are asked, invited or have an impulse, do it. For when you are a YES to life, you become irresistible.
Well, that’s it for now. You now have 5 of my Savvy Secrets for success. There are plenty more which I will share. Most importantly, when you remember that you are the gift, you’ll find many ways to serve and that is the biggest secret of them all.
If you’d like more, please sign up for my mailing list. If you have a question, give me a call at 424-262-5658
Don’t worry, I hate spam as much as you do.